So I've started a project. A very long project haha.
My goal is to have my house organized and clean before baby girl arrives and in order to do that and not go crazy about 4 weeks before she's born, I've decided to do things a little differently.
I found a pretty neat site (A Bowl Full of Lemons) that had a 14 week organizing project and I thought that was a wonderful idea! I'm 24 weeks pregnant and if I go until 40 weeks then I have 16 weeks left.
So I thought...Hey! Maybe I should do something like that? I think I can find 16 areas to clean for each week. Plus, a week to finish one area sounds so much better than my whole house in a couple days when my nesting kicks in, exhausting me.
So here I am, starting my project of 16 weeks of Nesting and Organizing my home!
I wrote out everything that I want done last week and realized that I have a lot of freaking stuff to do haha. My home is pretty much "surface" clean but this project is going to make me get down and dirty to finally finish unpacking and organizing the home that we've been in since August. (yep...still not all the way unpacked.)
My handy-dandy overwhelming list
I got pretty overwhelmed after I wrote my list down. For a couple days there I thought that I was just going to put it off. I wanted to start with the kitchen but quickly realized that the kitchen would probably be one of the biggest projects for me and I just wasn't ready for that yet. Lots of planning, lots of organizing, lots of ideas. None that I had or could even think of for just one week, especially week one.
So I decided to be smart and start small. Baby steps.
I started week one with mine and Matt's bathroom.
We have bathroom products in a large basket up top in our closet, Emery's pink organizer baskets above our toilet, our medicine cabinet is barely functional and don't even get me started on the under sink cabinets. NOTHING is organized. It just looks surface-ly clean.
The pink organizer has to go. It's not even for bathroom use, it's for going inside dresser drawers. I need to find something that is more in with our decor but still has the same functional qualities about it.
The top picture is my side of the medicine cabinet. I mean, its not too bad but I think it can be better organized.
Above is Matt's side (left side) and the middle is where all the random items locate. Definitely needs better organization.
OMG. What an embarrassing picture. Lots of that stuff needs to go. Purge, purge, purge. I cannot wait to start on this part of the bathroom. It drives me crazy. We barely even open these cabinet drawers because we hardly ever need anything thats in there.
So yes. Those are the biggest issues with my bathroom. Organizing should be simple but just a bit time consuming.
So far this week I have cleaned. I got down on the floor and scrubbed the floors, wiped the outside of the toilet, baseboards, sink and mirrors. I even washed and dried the bath mats.
Next on my list for this bathroom?
- Scrub toilet bowl
- Scrub bathtub
- Organize Medicine cabinet
- Basket for in between toilet and tub for shampoo/conditioner, etc
- Purge under sink products
- Under sink baskets for towels, toilet paper, used but not frequently used items, stocked items.
- Need some Decor. Maybe a painting or something for those bare walls.
So I've got until monday to finish the rest of the list. Shouldn't be that hard..right??





No comments:
Post a Comment