Thursday, March 14, 2013

Baby Haul!!

So I'm 22 weeks 2 days today and before today I had bought nothing for baby girl. It's weird because with Emery, I was 14 weeks along and I pretty much had a few outfits and her crib ordered haha.

I suppose with your second child, especially if its the same gender, theres really no rush. Did I feel like a bad mom? Yes. I felt terrible that I had no motivation to spend money just yet for things that would just sit in the room unused for months. Was I bad mom? No. I still have tons of time and for now I'm focusing on getting Emery prepared for a little sister and becoming a big sister herself. 

But...today I went on a girls shopping trip with the Ambers and was quite excited when I found a couple outfits for baby girl that I adored enough to purchase. Good sales, good time. 


I obviously don't need any clothes for baby girl, not really. I saved almost everything from Emery and thankfully its all in great shape still. The tubs of clothes are finally out of the garage and inside Emery's closet waiting for me to sort through :) But seeing these two precious outfits, I just couldn't resist. Baby girl needs something of her own if I must make any excuse for todays spending spree. I still would like to find a coming home outfit for her too. Three or five new outfits won't hurt :)

I also ordered a boppy cover today that I absolutely adore. It's bella pink damask with white minky fur on the back.


Tomorrow I have coupons that will work towards my last 2 purchases for this month of March for baby girl. I've been eyeing them for awhile and now before the coupons expire, I plan to snatch them up and finally add to my small collection of baby things :)


And last but not least, this baby. I've heard sooo many good things about the Rock n' Plays that I finally decided to just get one. It matches the swing and bouncer I received from my wonderful sister. I like that it sits level with my bed but low enough for me to scoop baby out. I had a bassinet last time with Emery and it was so hard to get up and pick her out while healing from my second degree tear.  I REALLY hope this little number suits me and baby girl well.




So there ya go! I have finally started buying baby things!! Thankfully I don't need much and I have time to spread out these purchases over a couple months so I can still focus on getting Emery's big girl room together.


Things left to buy for baby girl:
  • 2 boxes of Pampers Sensitive NB diapers
  • 2 boxes of Pampers Sensitive sz 1 diapers
  • Pampers Sensitive wipes
  • Going home outfit
  • Pacifiers
  • Video Monitor
  • BOB car seat adapter
  • Baby K'Tan
  • Bath Sling
  • Aveeno Lavender Vanilla Baby Wash/Lotion
  • Blanket
  • Socks
  • Diono Car Basket
  • Pottery Barn Monogrammed Hooded Towel (I'm going to get one for Emery too :) )
  • Make bows in all different colors
I can't think if there's anything else...but if I do, I'm sure I'll add it to the list!



No comments:

Post a Comment