Well, we have begun the beginning stages of Emery's big girl room and I am SO excited about it! If I had the money I would finish it this weekend haha but sadly, I don't. This project will more than likely be spread out over the course of months.
I couldn't decide if I wanted to paint Emery's room a light gray like Benjamin Moore's Revere Pewter or a soft pink like Restoration Hardware's Petal Pink. I decided to go ahead and do pink since most of her bedroom will be white. My dad came to visit me and since he's here, I put him to work ;)
We went to Home Depot and instead got Behr's Summer Crush which was the lightest pink they had on swatch sheets. I was afraid it was going to be too light but I did NOT want a dark pink room so I trusted my gut and went light. Thankfully I did because once Summer Crush dried, it turned darker. It's still light and a very pretty pink but my goodness..I think I would have cried if it went any darker.
(Dad starting out and showing me his skills)
(first coat, still drying)
(first coat)
(first coat)
Dad will do the second coat of paint tomorrow and then on to the girl's bathroom. That's another project in its self because I'm desperate to get Emery over into her own bathroom and stop using mine. I've got plenty of ideas for it too and again, I'm super excited.
I wanted to get this dresser this weekend while my dad is visiting too so he can help me put it together. Matt doesn't really like Ikea and putting things together haha. But unfortunately it's out of stock for now. That's okay though. I don't need it now. Perhaps I can buy it and put it together when Dad visits again :)
This beauty down below is Emmy's nightstand (that is temporarily in my bedroom hehe). Right now we took apart the daybed and need to get a plain old metal bed frame for the twin mattress to sit on. The mattress being on the floor makes the nightstand WAY too tall for my liking.
Love this bedding. It's so pretty and feminine. I like that it's girly but not baby girly. I'm sorry, I don't care if Emery is only going to be two...I am not about to have princesses or minnie mouse or any of that sort in her room. If I'm going to make her a big girl room, I want her to grow with it and not have to change it out every time she ends that phase of her life. Am I a mean mom? LOL she will appreciate it when she gets older :)
Again, here's the painting that I want to put up. I REALLY hope its still at Home Goods. I'm going to kick myself if its gone. I always seem to do that. Tell myself that I will wait and come back for something and find out that its either all sold out or not sold anymore.
I just love how it has the pretty pink, grays, creams and whites with a slight hint of purple. Very pretty colors.
And the lamp. I don't like the shade and plan to change that out for something white or pale pink. I love the crystal bases. Love, love.
So now I just need to start shopping....over time. I'm trying to find the best prices for everything and wait for things to go on sale or until I have coupons. New inspiration hits me from time to time and sometimes I find better products for her room. It's ever changing. But I know what style I'm going for and I'm glad that I've begun.
Dad thinks I should try to get Emery in that room before the baby comes. I don't know if I will be able to. Girl loves her crib. Plus that would only give me....4 MONTHS to get everything together and her used to it. Might seem like a long time to you all but to me...I just feel the time ticking away faster and faster.
My baby girl is growing up and soon I will have another baby girl. Its bittersweet.
Things left to do for Emery's room:
- Metal Bed Frame
- Headboard
- Light Pink Sheets
- White Ruffle Bed Skirt
- Duvet and Sham
- Dresser
- Lamp
- Canvas Painting
- Curtain Rod and Curtains (this will be put up 3/9/13)
- Pretty Round Hat Box (for her bows)
- Vase with Flowers
- Tufted Chair
- Throw Blanket
- Organize Closet
- Pink/Gray/White tufted storage bench (for toys)
- Rug
- Long Mirror
- Updated Lettered Name
- Small table and chairs (for play)
oh my goodness....I still have so much to do....




No comments:
Post a Comment