Monday, April 1, 2013

End of Organizing/Nesting Week One: Master Bathroom

So it's monday! That means week 1 of organizing/nesting has come to an end! 
I started with my bathroom and have finally finished. I'm glad organizing areas will be a week long because it was nice to pace myself and get things done over a course of a few days rather than all in one day. 

So this is what I did.

First off I started with my medicine cabinets. I started out with this:




My side wasn't so bad. But the middle and Matt's side needed items better placed. So I took everything down, wiped the shelves and then put everything back.




And I ended up with the results above. Nothing super glamorous but its more functional. 

Next off I started on started on underneath the sink. By far the most time consuming part.
This is what it looked like before:

(::shudder::)


 To fix that mess, I took everything out and wiped the bottom down.



Above is everything taken out.



Above is everything put into categories. Qtips/cotton balls, Medicine items, perfume, hair products, bath products.


Above is trash that I purged from all the categories. Just a whole lot of empty products, broken items, boxes of nothing. Ya know, just trash.

After I sorted everything, I took a trip to my local Dollar Tree for some plastic containers.

(sorry for the lighting)

I got 2 small tubs, a blue bin and 3 rectangular plastic containers for all the things.
I forgot to take a picture but the blue bin is for all the body wash, loofahs, shampoo and conditioner. I put it beside my toilet and bath tub for easy access.

My end result?


Oh yeah, baby! All organized! Toilet paper stacked neatly on top of rarely used bath products, medicine container and stocked up items.

The two polka dot containers have q-tips and cotton balls.

The middle basket is all of our lotions, stocked shaving cremes, perfume, etc. And to the side of that are neatly stacked clean towels.

Voila!



So now tomorrow starts my next weekly project! I haven't decided what I'm going to do next thought. I'll let you know!


Master Bathroom Total Cost:
$5
and hard work scrubbing ;)








No comments:

Post a Comment