Wednesday, January 9, 2013

What I'm Eyeing




I've thought a lot about what this baby will be. Matt thinks it's a boy. Has since day one. I on the other hand am thinking (and crossing my fingers) pink! It would just be so much easier if it was a girl. My first was a girl and I have everything for her if this little one is another baby girl! But then again, if it's a boy...it would be nice to have some change. 

So here are some things I'm eyeing if the baby is blue or pink!


If Baby is a Boy!!



1. Chicco Keyfit 30 (Pegaso): I normally go for Graco snugrides because they are cheaper and just as safe but lately the Graco's have been lacking in color choices for boys that I like so Chicco was it! It's pretty plain, the blue, but for some reason I just fell in love with it!
2. BOB Chicco Carseat Adapter: I have a BOB Jogging stroller in all black. LOVE that jogger. I thought about getting a double stroller but I think for now I will just stick with the single. I did need a carseat adapter and thankfully BOB's have one that fits the carseat.
3. Avent Soothies: Although these pacifiers are my least favorite in the looks department, they definitely do the job! Emery Raine didn't take any pacifiers like the Nuks I wanted her to take or any others really. She just wasn't a paci baby. But there was a short time from 5-15 mos that she did take them and the soothies were the only ones. I honestly believe pacifiers are life savers. I for sure don't want to be baby's human pacifier ;)
4. Aden and Anais Swaddle Blankets (Jungle Jam): The four swaddle blankets are super soft and easily breathable for the summer months! This little one will be born in July and it gets hot here. Emery Raine was a June bug so she had the girl version of these great swaddlers. They are big enough for blankets, to cover the carseat, and to swaddle their little bodies. They can also be used as spit up rags so it's nice that they come with four!
5. Baby K'tan: When I had Emery Raine my sister was kind enough to let me have her Moby Wrap and Baby Bjorn. Although I liked them both, they were a bit hard to put on and uncomfortable on the back after a while. This time I have an Ergo but I knew I wanted a softer wrap for a newborn. Enter Baby K'tan. Just like a Moby just without all the extra fabric. Genius.
6. Little Lamb Rock n' Play: I had a bassinet with my first. I realized fast how hard it was to get up, especially after a second degree tear, to pick baby up and bring her into bed with me to nurse and then back. The bassinet ended up being a side rail so Emmy and the pillows wouldn't fall off the bed (we ended up co-sleeping) and a place to stash all the diapers and wipes and blankets. I've heard wonders about a rock n' play. One of my best friends had one for her son and she couldn't find anything negative to say about it. I also hear babies sleep wonderfully in this! I'm going with little lamb because it will match my bouncer and swing (by the way, were a HUGE lifesaver the first year.)
7. Boppy Cover: I have a boppy but I do not like the cover that goes with it. This time I want to buy one that is pretty :) Maybe even have his name stitched on.
8. Aden and Anais Dream Blanket (Jungle Jam): I LOVED the swaddles so I'm hoping this blanket will be just as soft and lovely but thicker!
9. Mustella Newborn Set: I normally (and still will) go with Aveeno products. I love the way they smell and that its sensitive on skin. But I've heard of these Mustella products and the way they smell AMAZING and I just knew I wanted to try it out! It's kind of pricy so I will stick with Aveeno but a different, heavenly smell once in a while can't hurt.



If Baby is a Girl!!



1. Graco Snugride (Zoey): I absolutely LOVE this carseat. I had it for Emery Raine and cannot wait to use it again if this baby is a little princess! The colors are beautiful and it looks girly without over doing it! Plus it will look quite nice in my black BOB jogger.
2. BOB Graco Carseat Adapter: Need one of these if I'm going to use my BOB and the carseat at the same time.
3. Aden and Anais Dream Blanket: I like the look of this blanket. It's just so pretty!
4. Little Lamb Rock n' Play: Same story as with the little boy version! Really excited to get this product! I just hope baby loves it!
5. Baby K'tan: Again, same story! Can't wait to wear my baby again! I adore the feeling of them falling asleep to your movement and heartbeat. When I'm not using the carseat adapter, I'm hoping to baby-wear this little one while Emery uses the stroller. That's one reason why I didn't want to get the double stroller right away. I'm going to test out just the single for now! (plus its cheaper)


Sooo...obviously I have way more stuff for the little boy then I do for a little girl. But that is seriously because I saved everything from Emmy. If this one is a little girl, she is set. If it's a little boy, I will need to purchase more boy stuff. I will be excited to get clothes for a little boy. I know there isn't much choice but it will be nice to be creative to get him stylin'.    ;)



No comments:

Post a Comment