Saturday, January 19, 2013

To Double or Not?

    I've been thinking a lot about what I will need once this baby girl comes. Thankfully I won't need very much at all since I've saved everything from Emery. Pretty much all the baby gear is taken care of and I've got heaps of clothes.

One thing on my mind has been fitness and play dates.

I've got one stroller that I absolutely LOVE and it's the BOB Revolution in Black.



I'm seriously in love with this jogging stroller, even though I don't jog with it much. It turns like a dream and opens up with one hand and closes compactly to fit in my current car's trunk. Emery love's riding in it because it's comfortable, the sun shader is large enough to cover her and its such a smooth ride. 
My only complaint is how small the under-basket is but that's okay. I can fit what I need in there and anything I cannot, goes in the diaper bag that attaches to the handle bars. 

Since we live in sunny, San Diego there are a lot of times where we like to get out and go to the park, walk the outside malls, take a random stroll around the neighborhood and go to the Zoo. I plan on doing this as well when the new baby comes. I cannot just stay cooped up in the house...I'd go crazy. I think thats what helped me with not having PPD with Emery. I made sure to take a walk or get out somewhere (and get dressed with makeup every other day) when she was 2 days old. 

So now that I know I want to keep moving when baby girl comes, a curious thought has entered my mind.... Will I need a double stroller? 
I refuse to just get a regular double stroller since I know what the joggers are capable of even if you aren't jogging. They go over EVERYTHING. Curbs? No problem. Rocks? No big deal. Sand? Stuck never comes close.

Two joggers come to mind.



Of course the Double BOB Revolution is on my list. If I love the single so much, I'd definitely love the double. A lot of my friend's have the double and they love it. I like that it has one wheel in front, it's still comfortable and easily moveable and look! It has a larger under basket!



Next on my list is the Bumbleride Indie Twin in Lava. This stroller was on my list back when I was pregnant with Emery, only single. I really loved how the bottoms folded up to make a sort of bassinet and it did look quite comfy. It's classy looking and not so sporty like the BOB and the colors are very pretty though neutral. I've tested the single and it does turn rather well. My only concern is the sun shader. I don't remember, I will have to look into it, but from pictures the sun shader looks to be a bit smaller than the BOB's. Hmm. On a positive note...No one I know has the Bumbleride Indie Twin :)


Here's another option I've been toying with in my head. It's MUCH cheaper and I've already got the product. 


I've got an Ergo Baby Carrier (I've got the tan colored one on the left hand side) and although I haven't tried it yet, my husband really liked it on our trip to Disney land. He held Emery just like the man in the picture. She seemed to like riding on the back as she was able to easily see out. I also like that the Ergo faces inside too, especially for a smaller infant. 



What if I just stuck with my single BOB and just bought a car seat adapter for it? That way if I wanted to stroll the new baby around, I'd just have her in the car seat inside the stroller. But what if Emery wanted or needed to be strolled? I'd just slip baby girl into my Ergo and off we go. I love baby wearing so I wouldn't mind having the new baby on me while Emery rode in the stroller. 

Decisions, Decisions. I think I plan on going the Ergo route for now. I would hate to fork over $$$ for a double stroller if I never used it. If the Ergo route doesn't seem as easy as I'm hoping, I'll know that the double is right for us. Now just to convince the husband ;)




No comments:

Post a Comment