How far along are you: 33 weeks
Total weight gain: +14.7
Maternity clothes: No. Leggings, shorts, belly band, hair tie trick.
Stretch Marks: No.
Sleep: Exhausted.
Best moment this week: Not going into labor. Ordering my prescription sunglasses.
Miss anything: Husband.
Movement: Still feeling her but still slowing down.
Food Cravings: Water. Honey and hot Green Tea.
Anything make you queasy or sick: Nope
Gender: Little Princess
Labor signs: Contractions 2-4 mins apart and dilation.
Symptoms: Fatigue, hip pain, cramps, shortness of breath
Belly Button in or out: flat but definitely starting to poke out more.
Wedding rings on or off: On.
Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy, anxious, nervous
Looking forward to: Playdate tomorrow, leaving for Laughlin on thursday and spending the week with my Dad and my cousins before my cousin's wedding. Another week closer to my due date. Matt coming home from training. Emery's birthday on the 10th.
Life Lately:
Sooo...this weekend took me a bit by surprise.
First off it was Matt's last weekend home before he went off to training in Tennessee on Sunday.
We had a fun :) We went on a Sushi date, watched a movie at home together (some Tom Cruise film that actually wasn't too bad) and then went shopping down by border Outlets! We seriously scored with all the sales! I think we spent less than $200 and every single one of us got something that we all wanted/needed.
Matt got some shorts, tanks, sandals, shirts, etc.
I got a pretty dress, Ray Ban prescription sunglasses (YES I can finally drive with my shades and actually see clear!!), mmm some other stuff but I can't think!
Emery got a new zip up hoodie (her old ones were too small), a dress, a matching romper to go with the one I got for Baby girl as well (just in different colors) and a couple other nice things.
Baby girl got the matching romper, a cute onesie, some baby socks...
I also made them some cute bows to go with their outfits :)
Baby Girl's blanket came in :) Isn't it pretty? It's so soft and matches her Boppy.
I also ordered the second video camera to our video monitor a couple weeks back when Babies R Us was having a sale AND I had a coupon. Shipping takes forever though. But at least I got it before baby got here since this will go in her Nursery.
I'm also beginning to pack the diaper bag. I bought newborn diapers a while back and finally opened the box to begin to fill the Jujube Be Quick I have for her. I LOVE these bags. They are like my diaper bag within a diaper bag. Pink is Baby Girl's and Black is Emery's.
When its a quick trip, I just grab the Jujube and go.
So anyways, I then dropped Matt off at the airport on base Sunday morning. He's off to TN for about 2 weeks. Most of that time I will be in Laughlin, NV so I'm not too down because I know I'll be busy having fun and it will go by super quick for me. Thank goodness.
After dropping him off...it all went down hill from there.
It's weird because I've been talking to Matt about who I'm supposed to get a hold of if I were to go into labor while he's away. I ended up emailing my Ombudsman shortly after I got home from sending him off. Still no reply to this day. Hmm.
Well anyways, I had plans that day.
I was supposed to get ready for my neighbor's daughter's birthday party (she is Emery's age) and head to Walmart to pick her up a small gift around 2 pm since the party was at 3.
Emery had a smallish nap in the car that morning so I wasn't going to give her a nap until after the party ended. She was tired but not overly tired and I just didn't have time to put her down before the party started.
Lately, like for the past week, she's been really needy. Wanting me to hold her when we go up or down the stairs. So really, by needy I mean wanting me to hold her a lot.
After the party I was going to put her down for a nap and get started on my finals for my 2 classes since semester ended that day. It would have been perfect. I had open book tests for my classes so all I needed to do was actually take the tests online since I already had the answers and then take my midterm/finals since they weren't open book. Easy.
After that...it was supposed to be smooth sailing until I left for Laughlin because I was officially done with school until either September or January.
Unfortunately...my plans changed.
Around 2 pm I went upstairs to get Emery's diaper changed and clothes picked out since I was all ready to go to Walmart. I decided to get her dressed downstairs because her shoes and hair brush were down there. She, of course, didn't want to walk down the stairs so I just picked her up and started walking down.
My flip flop slipped off the top step and down we both went, 5-6 steps down. I held her for dear life to make sure she didn't get hurt but in the process couldn't protect myself. Each step down, she went up and down on the top of my belly. Each step down my butt and back hit the steps. I scraped the lower part of my calves and inner part of my elbows.
(bruise forming shortly after the fall)
Thankfully, Emery wasn't hurt; just really scared. I was hurt though. It was a hard fall. She also gets really sensitive when I hurt myself so she was bawling as I was trying to deal with the pain and console her at the same time.
I finally calmed her down, set her on the couch with her blanket and thought about what I should do.
Now...I'm not one to go to Labor and Delivery for anything. When I was pregnant with Emery, I didn't go once. The only time I ever went was when I was in labor with her and delivered her a few short hours later.
My gut told me I should probably go in but I didn't want to be "that" pregnant girl and waste time. I texted my friend, Amber, and asked her if I should go in.
Of course, she said yes.
I decided to call instead to see what they said.
By this time, Emery was just so overwhelmed and tired that I decided to just put her to sleep. I laid her down and she napped instantly.
I called L&D and when I explained to them what happened, I felt so silly. They won't have me come in, I thought. But I was wrong. They take it seriously, I guess, because I needed to come in to be checked.
Well great.
So I called my cousin and my other friend, Amber, a couple times to see if they could come over and watch Emery while she napped. I figured it was going to be a quick trip anyways. I couldn't get a hold of either of them.
So I texted my other friend, Mariah, who lives in the same Military Community as me. Thankfully she texted back right away and was on her way! So thankful to her.
I finally got to L&D and went back to the triage room to be monitored. They took my story, put the monitor around my belly and there I stayed probably about an hour.
I felt braxton hicks contractions and I could tell when one was coming because Baby Girl's heart rate would spike about 10-15 beats. But overall I felt fine, aside from just being sore.
The doctor came in and told me that they needed to do an ultrasound to check the placenta (fear of placenta abruption), especially since I have an Anterior Placenta on the top of my uterus right where Emery was slamming into during the fall. Then they would do blood work to confirm if anything was wrong with the placenta.
Thankfully, both came back negative for anything and Baby girl looked great. She was head down, of course, and my placenta hadn't detached.
This is when I thought I could go home.
Nope.
Dr told me that I was having contractions every 2-4 mins since I'd been hooked up so they were going to admit me and try to slow them down.
He checked me and I was still 1 cm dilated.
He told me that they would give me IV fluids in case of dehydration and see if that would help.
So off I went to another room where my heart started racing at the sight. It was just like when I delivered Emery. Bed, bathroom, baby bed for delivery.
After two IV fluids had passed the Dr came in again and told me my contractions were still 2-4 mins apart.
He was keeping me until 8 pm and would check me to see if I was further dilated and if I was then I would have to stay 24 hours, possibly a few days.
He also briefed me on Pre-term labor, possible delivery and saying that because Baby girl was head down that I could have a successful vaginal delivery. The steroid shots that I would get to mature her lungs and brain. NICU time.
After he left, the anesthesiologist came in and talked to me about pain medication during labor. (Epidural all the way)
My head was spinning. This wasn't happening. I wasn't going into labor at 32 weeks 5 days. No way.
I wasn't ready yet. Matt wasn't home. My mom wasn't here. I was still way too early. For goodness sakes, I still had to finish my finals before Midnight that night!!
I kept Matt updated the entire time. He got permission from his Chief to go home if I needed him there. I didn't want him to miss his training for nothing so I just told him that if I had to stay longer than 24 hours then he would need to come home. Thankfully, it didn't come to that.
My cousin, Destiny, relieved Mariah and took Emery back to her place to play with her boys. I'm just glad Emery had fun and didn't really notice I was gone.
She also came by with my books and iPad to try to get my finals done but of course my iPad was at 2% battery life and needed to be charged, which takes FOREVER.
Anytime the nurse would come in, I'd ask her if my contractions were slowing down.
for 5 hours she told me no.
Finally the doctor came in around 8ish pm and told me he was going to check me for further dilation and do my GBS test.
He checked me and THANKFULLY I hadn't progressed and was still at 1 cm.
Then he told me that as long as I didn't get 6 contractions in an hour then I could go home.
By 9:30 the new shift doctor came in and said that my contractions had stalled (I think every 10-20 mins) and that I could go home.
I asked if I could still go to my cousin's wedding 5-6 hours away and she told me yes. Which is wonderful because I'm a bridesmaid. I just have to stop every 2 hours and stretch. I also have to immediately come back in if my contractions, real or Braxton hicks, start picking up every 5 mins again. Look out for bleeding and water leaking. But other than that, I was free to go.
They took another blood sample to make sure Baby girl hadn't bled inside me since I'm RH negative but that I didn't have to wait for those results. If she did, they would call me up and I'd come in and get the Rhogam shot again. So far, no word from them.
I got dressed, gathered my things and my cousin and I left the hospital.
I picked Emery up from my cousin's house and came home and snuggled with her for a bit. I missed her terribly. But because it was 10 pm, I put her to bed.
I was so exhausted. It was such a long, stressful day. All I wanted to do was go to sleep.
Too bad I still had to take my finals and with only 2 hours to go before they closed the tests.
I only got to finish my midterm for Biology before Midnight passed. My final for that class closed on me before I could start it. I'm so upset. I got A's and B's in that whole dang class and because of the hospital I just failed my final which is worth the most points.
My other class, thankfully, stayed open past midnight. So I was up until 3 am finishing.
At least I'm done with school.
The next morning I woke up to extreme whiplash. I was sore from head to toe. Neck, shoulder, lower back, hips, legs, everything. It was awful. Plus Emery woke up at 7 am so I only got about 3.5 hours of sleep.
Today...I'm still sore but feeling a bit better. I'm trying to keep up with timing my contractions as best as I can but so far nothing has me worried.
I seriously just need to make it to my next appt, June 13th. I'll be 35 weeks 2 days. My midwife will tell me if I'm still okay.
I REALLY REALLY need to make it past 37 weeks.
But I would LOVE to make it past July 1st. Preferably after the 5th.
But for now...
I'm okay.








No comments:
Post a Comment