Wednesday, May 22, 2013

32 Weeks Pregnant

(32 weeks and 1 day)

(Today I am 1 cm dilated)


(Today, I am measuring at 30 weeks instead of 32 weeks)


How far along are you: 32 weeks 1 days
Total weight gain: +14 <-- OKAY I wanted to cry when I stepped on the scale this morning. I mean..I know its still really good weight gain and blah blah blah but last night I weighed myself and I was only up +12.6. I'm going to blame it on breakfast this morning. LOL
Maternity clothes: Nope. Leggings. Thats where its at.
Stretch Marks: No but I can see my belly line starting to form..ya know that one that goes from the bottom of your belly to above your belly button? I had it with Emery and the ugly thing didn't go away until like 3 months postpartum. ::cries::
Sleep: Very sleepy. Fatigue definitely has hit me full force this last trimester. Bedtime sleep has been horrendous. I cannot get comfortable at night. Between the Braxton hicks contractions, my hip pain and shortness of breath...sleeping is starting to become later and later. It makes me so jealous when Matt can lay his head down and fall asleep within 2 minutes and here I am moving pillows around, laying my head down where my feet should be or sleeping with my butt in the air to elevate my hips. Its not pretty, not pretty at all.
Best moment this week: Found an amazing Sushi restaurant down the road from my house, my macarons were in stock finally, started the 30 day squat challenge again but this time for Sumo Squats (not sure if thats a good thing or a bad thing? lol) and baby appt this morning.
Miss anything: Sleeping. Not being pregnant.
Movement: I feel this large knob just below the middle of my rib cage and the doctor says its probably her foot. Lots of hiccups and earthquake dances.
Food Cravings: Water. Seriously cannot get enough H20 lately. I really want Kona Ice...her sour shaved ice is soooo delicious! I just want something sour already!
Anything make you queasy or sick: Nope and I'm finally free from my cold!
Gender: Girl...although every single person who guesses the gender of this baby ALWAYS says boy. Sorry people...you had a 50/50 chance and you are wrong. It's a girl ;)
Labor signs: Braxton hicks, lower hip/back pain, crampy, 1 cm dilated.
Symptoms: Fatigue, hip pain, cramps, shortness of breath
Belly Button in or out: It's pretty much flat. The only time it goes in a bit is when she is more towards my spine and even then, its only the bottom part of my belly button that shallows out.
Wedding rings on or off: On.
Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy but very ready for July to be here.
Looking forward to: School ending on Sunday, Packing and Blogging my Hospital Bag/Diaper bag next week, preparing to head out to Laughlin, NV for my cousin's wedding, My Father-in-Law's birthday and for May to be over!!


Baby appointment recap:

So this morning I had my 32 week baby check up and was ready to tell my doctor all about my braxton hicks and pain.
Checked in and got weighed (heart died a little at the sight) and blood pressure came back normal. My wonderful doctor came in and we talked about how I was feeling today and then I told her about my contractions.
She listened and didn't seem overly concerned but still wrote everything down. She said that as long as they weren't 10 mins apart for over an hour then I was good but should still take it easy.
I told her about how I was in my cousin's wedding 6 hours away and that I would be traveling there and back by myself. She 'hmm'd' at this statement but didn't say I couldn't go. She said that I was still early enough that it didn't pose a problem. Yay for that!
So everything seemed great and I laid back for her to measure my belly and check baby girl's heart rate.
After measuring, she told me that I was measuring 2 weeks behind at 30 weeks instead of 32 weeks. I asked her if that was bad and she said no, not necessarily. If I was one more week behind she would have ordered a growth scan just to see how baby was doing. She then told me that at my next appt if I'm still behind but by 3 weeks then she would order the scan. But for now I was okay.
Then we found baby's heart rate which was in the 150's. Perfect. Doctor said that she was head down.
After everything was done, we talked a little more and I asked again if everything was good and normal and she said yes.
I told her that I was just worried because of the crampy BH contractions and my delivery with Emery being a week early and very fast. How I'm heading out 6 hours away there and back for Laughlin at 34 weeks pregnant and how i'm worried about Matt and my mom not being in town until just before my due date.
She understood and asked if she could check me for dilation. I, of course, said yes. 
It would be reassuring to know I wasn't dilated and if I was, I would make some decisions for these next 7 or so weeks and prepare better.
Well turned out that I am 1 cm dilated but thankfully my cervix is still high and not effaced enough to worry. I could still go to Laughlin to be in my cousin's wedding :)
I am supposed to go another 4 weeks before my next appt but she asked if I would like to come back in 2 weeks. I told her I couldn't because I would be gone that week but I could do the next week.
So my next appt is 35 wks and 3 days.
I'll get checked again, do the GBS test and hopefully my belly is right on track again. 
Unfortunately, she also told me that my next appt would be the last appt she would probably see me because she would start back in Labor and Delivery or something and not really in the clinic. Made me so sad. 
Hopefully I will only have to have one appt without her, my 37 week one, and then see her again in Labor and Delivery come July :)

But yeah. 1 cm already at 32 weeks. I know that I can go for many weeks at 1 cm but its exciting and a little nerve wracking to know that my body is preparing soo soon already.

I guess its time to get those bags packed and baby clothes washed.

:)


No comments:

Post a Comment