Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Master Bedroom

I've been thinking a lot about home decoration (and building my dream home) and since it will be a while before we decide where we want to live and if we plan on buying or building, we will continue to rent out here in San Diego. 
It's just too expensive to get the kind of house I dream of out here. It's just not worth it to fork out so much $$$ and only get a small home for our growing family; especially when we aren't sure if Matt plans to stay in the Navy or get out in 2016. 

So here I am, living in military housing and dreaming of all the things I wish I could do with it that doesn't cost too much. I can't get all the furniture I want for my future house because I know it wouldn't fit well with where I'm at now. But that won't stop me from decorating in a way that I love to make this housing feel like home for the time being. It may be cheaper and not exactly what I want, but I will make it work and love it until we can purchase our dream house and dream home decor.

I've talked about Emery's big girl room and my plans for it. It's a great base start and I'm definitely finding better finds and better inspiration. I haven't bought one thing for her room yet but I'm collecting my ideas and inspiration for the day I do. I have a while before her room needs to be in full use anyway :)

I'm tackling my downstairs first which is my kitchen, dining room, living room, 1/2 bathroom and hallways. I've got a base with furniture and other items but I really need to pull it all together with more pictures, paintings, color, etc. It's coming along.

But what I really want to talk about is my master bedroom. It's pretty small. We have an eastern king bed, a long dresser with a mirror above, tall dresser and one large 4 cubicle bookcase as a nightstand for Matt while I have nothing on my side. 
That needs to change...especially before baby girls comes. I need a nightstand to set up a small basket of nursing, diaper and snack necessities so I don't have to go down stairs all the time. 

I really love a warm yet cool cozy yet glamourous place to relax at night.
I want better bedding. That means comfortable sheets and not my cheap Ikea sheets haha. I want a pretty duvet, although I do love my ikea one. It's getting old and worn and torn. Its about time to upgrade.
I want a beautiful tufted or nail head headboard. The one I originally want is too pricy to buy now. That will have to wait until we move into our "own" home. But that won't stop me from trying to recreate a nice headboard by myself (and my dads help).
I need a nightstand. NEED. The ones I really really want won't fit in my room with my huge bed. So i've decided to steal from Emery's big girl room (thief, thief, thief) and use her nightstand for the time being.
I'm hoping to get those three things before July. DIY headboard, soft and comfortable bed linen and my nightstand.

Here's the look I'm going for:

This is my nightstand above. The one I REALLY want. But alas, it is too wide for my room :'(
Below is the one I'm getting for Emery's big girl room and it will reside in my room until it is needed back in hers. Hopefully not for another year :)



Above is my all time FAVORITE bed. I've already picked out and customized this bed to my liking. It's saved away for a future date. Or until I can save the money. Maybe next year? Until then..I'm going to try and recreate it. Or maybe just do a simple tufted headboard squared off instead of detailed like that and no nail head trim.

This is the bedding I've been swooning over for some time. I really like grey tones and this is perfect. 

This above is another piece i've been drooling over for some time. I originally wanted it in my dining/living area but wasn't about to pay the $$ for it just yet. So I went to my local home goods and found a look-alike knock off for much, much less. Doesn't quite look like this beauty, but for me, it works. I want the original from Z Gallerie in my room. Preferably above my headboard :)


Below are some finds I found for Emery's big girl room if you're interested! I LOVE these lamps. I'm not digging the lamp shade and I would definitely change that out for something lighter. But aren't those crystal lamp bases to die for? So glam.


Below is the art work. It's the perfect pop of color for her pretty much all white bedroom. Pink and purple, creams and grays. I'd totally put that in my room if I didn't already have a pretty piece. 



A girl can dream right???




No comments:

Post a Comment