Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Thankful November

Nov 6th, 2012: I am thankful for the military. Though this lifestyle isn't the easiest and most definitely not perfect, it's better off than unemployed or living with the parents. Growing up in such a small town where the only great employment opportunities are the prison or hospital, it's hard to stay and become something of yourself when the hospital takes years and lots of motivation (and smarts haha) to be successful and the prison...well..it's on a freeze right now so there isn't any employment through them. I'm grateful that the husband joined the military and we had a chance to get out of our small town and have an adventure of our own that most don't get when they stay. We now live in a beautiful city that is so unlike the one we are used to and met so many new people and made such great friends. But not only has the military given us an adventure but it has also made the husband and I realize how much we do love our small hometown and how awesome it is to visit. We miss our family and friends there and have learned to see the true beauty and fun that our old home has that we never noticed before.

Nov 7th, 2012: I'm thankful for food. I have been obsessed with certain junk food lately that I have to say how grateful I am for it. I love going on pinterest and finding new recipes for my budgeted 2 week meal plans. I like when I try them out and my family enjoys them enough to be added to my own recipe collection. I also like that I can make other things beside chicken. I think my husband is seriously over chicken. But me? I can eat chicken everyday and not get sick of it. I've also been craving tomatoes (I usually dislike tomatoes), eat caramel with a spoon (no apples to dip involved, thank you!) and sausage and potatoes for breakfast! Delish!


So I have been totally putting my homework off for a week. I'm bad. I don't know why I do it to myself. Maybe cause i've got other things on my mind... :)
I need to get to it though! I've got like 4 chapters to read, 2 tests and 2 assignments I need to finish before Sunday! ACK!


No comments:

Post a Comment