Weight: 8 lbs 8 oz (+2 lbs)
Health: I've learned that she has reflux. Though not severe its still quite scary hearing her choke on her spit up. Seeing it come back up and out her nose and worst of all is when she projectile vomits. She has only projectile vomited maybe 3 times since birth but those times were very scary. Thick vomit coming out of her mouth and nose and the sound of her trying to catch her breath during it isn't something either of us should have to experience. She's on some medicine for it but honestly it doesn't seem to help much. I've been told that she eats too much, that is why she spits up. Because her stomach is still so small, the extra milk she drinks just sits on top of her already full stomach and has no where to go but up. I have to cut down her feedings and although I'm okay with that, I'm not sure Brynlee enjoys that.
She's also gassy. Poor girl. Poor Mommy, too. I suppose I was spoiled with Emery because she never had any of these problems. It's definitely more of a challenge at night when she's grunts and groans loudly when trying to sleep. I'm just thankful she's not colic and doesn't cry with her discomfort. I'll take the loud grunts over colic any day. She does seem to be getting a little bit better with the gas as she gets older and her stomach is starting to mature a bit but gas drops and gripe water seem to help her as well.
Sleep: In the beginning it started off rocky because of her reflux and gas. She would be up all night trying to sleep but the discomfort wouldn't let her so by the time she was comfortable enough to sleep, it would be morning. She would sleep all day and then go back to being uncomfortable and up all night again. I, of course, can't sleep much during the day like I could if Brynlee was my only child because I have Emery to keep entertained so my days are lacking naps. My mom and Matt helped a lot while they were here and I don't think I could have functioned with out them...and coffee haha. Now that she's a little older she sleeps much better at night.
I notice she is ready for bed around 9 pm. She likes when I lay down with her and nurse her instead of sitting up in a chair and putting her in her bouncer afterwards. She gets fussy if I even try, little bugger. So Miss Princess needs me to lay down with her and after she has fallen asleep, she wakes up again around 3 am. I nurse her again and she sleeps again until 6 am. Nurse again and she's normally out until 9-10 am but I'm already up with Emery by like 8 am.
During the day she doesn't really have a schedule. She sleeps a lot in her bouncer chair instead of the swing like Emery did. I keep the bouncer up on the counter away from Emery heheh. It's in a safe spot and won't topple over so no worries.
Social: Just like I did with Emery, I made sure to get out of the house as much as possible with Bryn. I feel like staying cooped up in the house all day every day is what contributes to PPD and I don't want to know what that feels like. Thankfully I have yet to feel it with both kids. Everywhere I went people would stop me to look at her and tell me how beautiful or small she was. Such nice compliments and people really do just love babies. Brynlee has always been good out and about with me.
Diet: 99.9% Breastfed. The other percent is when I pump a bottle or two so I can leave her with someone while I can go somewhere where she isn't allowed. It's never for a long period of time though. My mom for the first month would give her a bottle or two while I worked out at the gym or while Matt and I went on a date. Brynlee takes the bottle easily from someone else but she won't take one with me. I've tried. Wasted one bottle of expressed breast milk learning that.
Clothes: She was in newborn for the first 2 weeks and then jumped into 0-3 months. She can even fit into some 3 month onesies. She's got a long torso, thats for sure.
Baby Gear Love: The Baby Trend Snap n' Go has been my go to stroller since its so easy to snap the carseat into it and go. The Baby K'tan has been my favorite baby-wearing wrap for newborns. I used a Moby wrap and a Baby Bjorn when Emery was small but the K'tan is hands down much better, in my opinion. Easy to use and Brynlee enjoys it. When I go for walks or work out, I take the BOB and snap Bryn's carseat into the adapter.
Crying: I'm so thankful that I have another child that doesn't cry. Bryn has little warning cries but it's not crying. Just a little yelp (that's so not the right word I'm looking for) to let me know when she's getting hungry or uncomfortable and to change her position.
Likes: Taking showers with me, 0-3 Month Soothie Pacifiers, Aden and Anais Swaddle Blankets, Rock n Play, Little Lamb Vibrating Bouncer, nursing laying down for bedtime.
Milestones: I SWEAR she started smiling for real around 2 weeks. Every day since then her smiles have become more frequent. She's definitely more alert when she's awake and loves to look around. She's starting to notice the toys hanging from her car seat. She loves looking at faces and also the sound of voices.
Postpartum: Recovery this time was much faster than with Emery. I felt good and able to move around much more by day 2-3. I started working out again by 17 days postpartum. My PP bleeding has slowed down to barely nothing on some days and my pain is gone. I did get Mastitis which sucked but a weekends rest and some antibiotics helped kick it. Overall, I feel great and now I'm just focusing on getting back into shape in time for Ry's wedding in October.
Just for some fun, here are some comparisons of Emery and Brynlee wearing similar outfits, same age or anything that looks alike.
Theres also some cute pictures of Matt, Emery, Brynlee and I.
Emery at 1.5 months and Brynlee at 1 month
Emmy and Bryn, both 1 month old!

Just for some fun, here are some comparisons of Emery and Brynlee wearing similar outfits, same age or anything that looks alike.
Theres also some cute pictures of Matt, Emery, Brynlee and I.
Emery at 1.5 months and Brynlee at 1 month
(Me on the left at birth and Bryn on the right at 3 days old)
(Emery on the left and Bryn on the right at a few days old)
(Brynlee...love that double chin lol)
(Emery...skinny minny lol)
Emmy and Bryn, both 1 month old!

Here's some cute pics!
Okay! See you guys next time! I'm still working on the Birth Story and Postpartum Goal blog posts! Can't wait to finally post it!
Have a great day!











No comments:
Post a Comment